- "for 365 pain-filled days he had been alone..."
- prizewinner in "The Advertiser" state-wide short story competition
- "...for this was Australia and Kip Carrington had arrived..."
- finalist in the WriteSpot Spring 2001 short story competition
- the dog was a Labrador of perfect colour - well 'Almost'.
- set in the "top end" of Australia.
- in memory of Robert Morgan.
golly - gosh"
- "Gone fishin'!"
- "Woman in the bar, lads."
NEW! "Dirty, Filthy, Lovely investment"
- an easy to understand guide to property investment
- tips from experience on rural development and building on country
interview for "Mind Like Water", June 2003.
This interview copyright
Mind Like Water, Inc. http://www.mindlikewater.com
Again Australian" is a yarn about life in Australia - funny, sad, up,
down, heart-warming and tragic.
and the first
chapter of "The Born Again Australian"
rotting body is found in a dugout in Coober Pedy, South Australia.
Although the miner's possessions and valuable opal have been stolen,
sudden death is treated as an accident until an anoymous letter
questions the Coroner's verdict.
Read the first
chapter of "Silica"
Email Chas to say "owyergoin"
by John Evan Adlard 1973
(then aged 85),
transcribed by Chas Adlard.
My father John Evan Adlard donated his WW1 diary to the Australian War
Memorial. It is a detailed account of this ghastly war
and the original also contains some of his drawings.
I wish to
dedicate this short
father, John Evan Adlard, who fought gallantly for his country during
World War One. As a source of research I depended greatly upon his
diaries that are now the property of the Australian War Memorial in
Canberra. Although the story is largely a work of fiction I have
unashamedly shadowed his footsteps during this hideous conflict.
RAAF Fire Service Web Page
Dedicated to the RAAF Fire Service, including yarns and photographs
writing copyright Chas Adlard 2008
publicity and artwork courtesy of Janene
Vine Web Design
"The Born Again Australian" cover painting courtesy of Heather Riley,
Artist, Northern Territory, Australia